I do not want to buy a top-of-the line, brand new, super-light duty, space-age technology skate with a rubber pad sticking out the back as the braking system! That’s as advanced as throwing an anchor!
I live in Alabama with frequent long hills to traverse. I have lost control in attempting to brake with a heel brake and I am changing the heel brake every 3rd time I go my usual 15 to 25 miles.
I am still a beginner because I can’t brake very well after 10 years of skating. Hurry up and manufacture this skate!
“The balance is very good, smooth and easy stopping and very easy to learn. I hope it comes to the market.”
Ten years of hockey, one year of aggressive inline hockey and nine years as a hockey referee
Jason excels as an inline hockey player along with many other achievements. He was especially suited for the test since he has not used either the traditional stopping device or the DXS system. Following are his impressions:
• “This new style of brake is more effective and can stop much quicker than the original stopper. You have more control with the new system.”
• “The power of the new system is revolutionary compared to the traditional stopper.”
• “At first it was a little hard, but in about 10 minutes, I could stop with ease.”
• “I would choose the DXS because it gives you more control when you are skating. Also, the traditional stopper will wear down if you use it too much, and the disk braking system can be used as much as you want.”
• “This new system will cut down on injuries because of the control it gives you while you’re braking.”